Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Having to cut another session short

Well today was another very mediocre day. Got home from work really tired and wasn’t going to grind, but had a $10 refund from stars, and a $3 Omaha tourney was in late registration there so I decided what the hell, I haven’t played a tourney since I started studying the game, let’s give it a go. The game ran suuuuper laggy, with 3-4 people getting it all in pre or 6 people seeing the flop in raised and 3 bet pots it was crazy. Nobody had any idea what they were doing and I feel I could have a huge edge in the low stakes plo tournies but that they would probably be really high variance with how they play out. I just sat around waiting for some strong multiway hands, tried to see a flop and get it in on something favorable. Worked for awhile, and I was like 50/200 650 runners and ran the 2nd nut flush into a straight flush hitting on the river, so not much to do there. I definitely want to start playing some more PLO MTTs and would really like to mix one or two in while playing cash games.

On that note, once I started the MTT after a little bit I fired up some 6 max over on FTP, and was doing well for awhile, up almost 2 buyins like 400 hands into the session, then I don’t know what happened to me, but I feel like I just hit a brick wall, poker wise and physically too, I’m sitting here exhausted while I write this, I dropped 3 buyins fairly quickly and decided to cut the losses again. So I’m going to go lay down, play a game of Fifa10 and watch the Lakers steal a game back in Boston tonight. Lets go Lakeshow!

Here's a hand from the session that hurt pretty bad. I feel my play was very solid, except for possibly the river bet, I didn't have the 3 as the only part of his range though, and figured I could have gotten value out of KKxxclubs on that river and similar hands. I'm still kind of working on getting better at calculating the pot odds and implied odds etc etc in situations like this hand and it's harder when we're betting vs making the call, but I'm going to go through and run some calcs on this hand later and see how thin that bet was, and if it was alright or bad. He hit his 1 outer on me though so *clap clap* I guess.

Hand converter-Pokerhand.org

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/0.10 Pot limit Omaha Cash Games, 6 Players

Board:
NoOneRemains (CO): $4
zomg_me (Button): $15.96
zagubican (SB): $7.65
elmo starr (BB): $7.13
DirDirDirty (UTG): $14.54
ALL-IN-JosChi (UTG+1): $11.26
 
Dealt to: DirDirDirty
Pre-flop:
DirDirDirty raises to $.35, (2 folds), zagubican calls $.30, elmo starr calls $.25,
Flop:($1.05) (4 Players)
zagubican checks, elmo starr checks, DirDirDirty bets $1.05, (1 folds), elmo starr calls $1.05,
Turn: ($3.15) (3 Players)
elmo starr checks, DirDirDirty bets $1.50, elmo starr calls $1.50,
River: ($6.15) (3 Players)
elmo starr checks, DirDirDirty bets $4, elmo starr raises to $4.23 and is all-in, DirDirDirty calls $.23,
Results:
elmo starr Showed

DirDirDirty ,
elmo starr wins $13.64


Garphs ldo:




So I’m at ~7800 hands on the month, putting me on pace for 30k hands on the month, well over my goal, so while I plan on putting in a lot of time tomorrow on my day off and another 2-3k hand day, I’m probably going to take some days off here in the near future, relax, do some studying and work on getting that winrate up. I’m also on pace for ~$225 in rakeback, so hoping over the next 20k hands I can hit 10+bb/100 for the $500 month which would be pretty nice to get moving on this whole PLO thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment